- The Electricity Distribution and Supply Authority (EDSA) was established by an Act of Parliament in 2011 as part of the reforms in the Energy Sector.
- The defunct National Power Authority (NPA) was unbundled into two entities, the Electricity Distribution and Supply Authority (EDSA) and the Electricity Generation and Transmission Company (EGTC), followed by the formation of a Regulator, the Electricity and Water Regulatory Commission (EWRC).
- Key amongst the duties and responsibilities of EDSA, is to purchase electricity from the EGTC and Independent Power Producers (IPPs like KARPOWERSHIP, EMCO & TRANSCO CLSG) subject to a Power Purchase Agreement approval by the Commission/GoSL.
- EDSA is the principal offtaker to distribute electricity and collect revenue from the sales of electricity.
- With over 800 employees, EDSA is undergoing complete restructuring in its organization structure that will be entered on customer satisfaction and have a comprehensive vision of the entire business value chains with the Distribution Technical Services and Commercial Services, as the core of the business.
- The advancement of staff and indeed their livelihood depends upon the success of the Authority which must look to its staff to manifest loyalty and devotion and to maintain a high degree of competence and hard work.
- The Authority in turn is concerned with well-being and security of its entire staff.
VISION and MISSION Statements
Our Core Values
- Customer is the King
- Professionalism, Integrity, Accountability, Transparency, Collaboration, Credibility
EDSA’S OPERATIONAL AREAS NATIONWIDE
- FREETOWN [76MW] Hydro & Thermal Plants
- MAKENI [3MW] Thermal Plant
- LUNGI [6MW] Thermal Plant
- LUNSAR [1MW] Thermal Plant
- MAGBURAKA [1MW] Thermal Plant
- PORTLOKO [2.5MW] Hydro & Thermal Plant
- BUMBUNA TOWN [0.25MW] Hydro
- MAKALI [0.120MW] Hydro
Our Core Values
- BO [6MW] Thermal Plant
- KENEMA [6MW] Hydro Power Plant
- KONO [8MW ] Thermal Plant
Our Location and where to Find EDSA
35A Siaka Stevens Street ,Freetown
Kington Power Station
SLBC Station Road
Opposite Choithrams’ Supermarket-Freetown Waterloo Highway
Back of Central Mosque
Around the Market
Spring Water Compound
Opposite American Embassy
Overview & Location of EDSA
Congo Cross Substation
NP Filling Station
1-Hospital Road ,Bo
1 Show Avenue
Airport Ferry Road
Old Makeni Road
10 Water Works
- Board – operates at the highest level
- Senior Management Team –comprising The Director General and Heads of Departments
- Leadership Team – Business Leaders that support Senior Management in the day-to-day running of the business.
Our Leadership Team
Abu KamaraDirector General
Ing James RogersDeputy Director General Technical Services
Fofi BaimbaDeputy Director General Commercial
Mustapha SannohChief Finance Officer
Peter KamurayHuman Resource & Admin Manager
Abdul Aziz SoweAg. Commercial Services Director
Ing Chernoh JallohDirector- Distribution & Technical Services
Ing Mallay BanguraCommercial Manager
Ing Unisa SamuraManager –Quality Assurance & Quality Control
Ing. Edrick SaiduCorporate Planning & Service Delivery Manager
Daniel CarpenterHead of ICT(Contract )
James Maada KpakaLegal Advisor
Joseph KamaraAg .Internal Auditor
Sahr NeporCommunications & Community Relations Manager
Paul MaunaLogistics Manager
Ing. Mohamed FofanahProcurement Manager
Improve and Innovate
with the Tech Trends
We hire and build your own remote dedicated development teams tailored to your specific needs.